The Watershed Fund Committee consists of Advisory Members and Watershed Fund Reviewers.
Watershed Fund Committee Advisory Members provide vision and guidance for the development of the Watershed Fund. They serve as a sounding board, providing guidance and support to Watershed Fund Reviewers and to MWCC Staff in administering the Fund.
Current Advisory Members are:
- Zach Owen, MWCC Board Chair and Watershed Coordinator for the Beaverhead Watershed Committee
- Tana Nulph, MWCC Board Secretary and Associate Director of the Big Hole Watershed Committee
- Sierra Harris, Freshwater Conservation Project Manager at The Nature Conservancy
Watershed Fund Reviewers review funding proposals and make recommendations for funding to the MWCC Board of Directors. For on-the-ground project proposals, Reviewers receive advice on technical feasibility from the MWCC Water Committee.
Current Watershed Fund Reviewers are:
- Mike Koopal, MWCC Board Member and Executive Director of the Whitefish Lake Institute
- Dennis Glick, Executive Director of Future West
- Torie Haraldson, Water Quality Specialist for the Gallatin Local Water Quality District
The MWCC Board of Directors approves all Watershed Fund Reviewers and Reviewers’ funding recommendations. Directors who have a conflict of interest recuse themselves from the process.