MWCC has been cultivating broad-based support for community driven approaches to managing complex land and water issues for over twenty years as the statewide organization representing each of more than 60 watershed groups.
Mission: Uniting and supporting Montana’s watershed communities to promote healthy and productive landscapes
Vision: All Watershed communities across Montana are successfully advancing natural resource stewardship
MWCC builds watershed groups by providing:
- Professional training, education, and information sharing,
- Small funding opportunities;
- Capacity building resources such as Big Sky Watershed Corps program;
- Statewide symposia to facilitate networking and collaborative conservation among local watershed groups; and
- Bi weekly watershed newsletters with relevant information for watershed groups.
Read our Executive Director’s Presentation from the 2015 Symposium regarding MWCC’s vision for supporting watershed groups: Symposium Present 2015