Project Management: The Art and ScienceDate / Time: September 17, 2019 6:15 pm
Location: Montana State University, Bozeman, MT, USA
In this introductory course, you will learn valuable waterfall and agile project management methodologies and leave with the skills and techniques required to be a successful project manager. You will benefit from the instructors combined 50+ years of experience across 10 industries! We will examine real world examples that connect project management theories into actions, paired with tried-and-true management templates. Come with your questions and challenges. This course is appropriate for new project managers and those seeking to acquire project management skills.
This in-depth course covers eight modules:
– Project Management Theory and Practice: Understand the basics of sequential project management processes, tools, and techniques.
– Agile Theory and Practice: Gain an appreciation of the simplicity of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban, and learn when to apply them in various industries.
– Communication and Emotional Intelligence (EI): Balance hard and soft skills and how to effectively communicate using ei and self-awareness to positively impact team collaborations and project success.
– Requirements Elicitation: Ask the right questions to help customers discover business needs and communicate this via timely and concise requirements.
– Scheduling: Break down complex projects into smaller tasks that can be scheduled and understood by your team and customer.
– Planning, Managing, and Reinforcing Change: Successfully introduce and implement changes at the project and organizational level to accomplish results.
– Monitoring and Tracking: Effectively assimilate and communicate project status, supported by tools like Microsoft Project, Slack, and Jira.
– Lessons-learned Techniques & Class Wrap-up: Lead good retrospectives and lessons learned with a focus on continuous improvement.
Montana State University
Click here to learn more...