Focus on Fundraising – The Art and Science of Fundraising AppealsDate / Time: September 19, 2019 12:00 am
Location: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, MT, East Valley Center Road, Bozeman, MT, USA
You know you need to write great fundraising letters. But how, exactly, do you do that?
Fundraising is an art and a science, and your appeal letter needs to reflect both. You need to understand what motivates donors, how to get them to give – and get them to give more.
Inspired by some of the biggest names in the nonprofit sector (including Tom Ahern, Jeff Brooks, Penelope Burk, Roger Craver, Kay Sprinkel Grace, Simone Joyaux and Jerry Panas), this half-day program will help you understand what donors want – and why.
Participants will leave with conversation starters and actionable ideas to take back to other staff and board members.
You can expect to learn the following:
– 20 things you thought you knew about fundraising (that are wrong)
– A 4-part formula to make sure you’re writing the right message for the right audience
– 5 “right” ways to think about fundraising appeals
– More than a dozen real-life (and really easy) ways to improve every fundraising letter you write
– Easy and effective ways to increase your donors’ gift amounts
– The incredibly lucrative reason why you need to send one very special appeal each year (plus, who it needs to go to and what it needs to say)
To reinforce the lessons learned, participants will review “before” and “after” letters and appeal packages.
Target Audience: Nonprofit Staff and Board Members
Experience Level: Any
Montana State University
Click here to learn more...