Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Fundraising… and all the stuff that makes it work (or not work!)Training Type(s): Communications, Development
Date / Time: August 24, 2018 12:00 am
MNA is pleased to bring Simone Joyaux to Montana for a day of honest,
unfiltered fundraising training.
Simone’s colleagues around the world describe her as one of the nonprofit sector’s most thoughtful, inspirational, and provocative leaders. She was one of the first to achieve the credential of Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE) in 1994, and has been working with nonprofits for more than thirty years. Simone is a nationally recognized trainer, consultant, and author — her titles include: Firing Lousy Board Members, Keep Your Donors, and Strategic Fund Development. She is an expert on building a culture of philanthropy in your organization, and a professor in the Saint Mary’s University Philanthropy and Development Master’s degree program.
In this advanced, one-day training, Simone will cover:
- How to get your executive director on the same page with your development team;
- Face-to-face solicitation campaign techniques that every single nonprofit can use annually;
- Performance expectations for all your board members;
- Resources, resources, resources. Where to access them and how to share them with your team;
- How to play the “customer-centered” game—it’s the gateway to donor-centricity;
- The most important measures in fundraising—hint: total dollars raised isn’t one of them;
- Why relationship building and solicitations strategies belong in your fund development plan, and why the plan should be shared (and approved by) the board;
- and so much more!
Simone’s presentation will have something for all levels. She is candid, engaging, and larger than life. Her information is researched and proven, and her approach will get anyone fired up about their work. From her collection of tacky rings to her undeniable expertise, she is a must-see author.
Tip from Simone: Make sure there’s at least one of your board members in the room. And if you’re the development officer, make sure your executive director is in the room, too. Board member and ED attendance makes a HUGE difference!
Billings | Tuesday, August 21 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Billings Public Library (Community Room) | 510 N Broadway | Billings, MT 59101
Bozeman | Wednesday, August 22 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Springhill Suites (Madison/Gallatin Rooms) | 1601 Baxter Lane | Bozeman, MT 59715
Helena | Thursday, August 23 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Radisson Colonial Hotel | 2301 Colonial Dr. | Helena, MT 59601
Missoula | Friday, August 24 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Holiday Inn Downtown Missoula | 200 S Pattee St. | Missoula, MT 59802