Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program Request for Proposals WebinarDate / Time: July 19, 2019 9:30 am
Join us for our upcoming webinar to share and discuss the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program (CFLRP) Request for Proposals in 2019!
The USDA Forest Service is pleased to announce a call for CFLRP proposals under the reauthorized program. CFLRP has proven to be an effective tool for improving forest conditions, growing rural economies, and leveraging partner investments to improve the quality and scale of our work. Congress reauthorized CFLRP in the 2018 Farm Bill, doubling the authorized funding level to $80 million per year and creating the opportunity for new CFLRP projects. The Farm Bill also provides an opportunity for current CFLRP projects funded for ten years to apply for an extension waiver to complete current proposal implementation. A Federal Advisory Panel (FACA) is required to evaluate and recommend proposals to the Secretary of Agriculture to be funded.
To this end, the objectives of this webinar are to:
- Provide basic information about CFLRP to help Forest Service units and partners assess whether it’s a good fit for their needs
- Provide an overview of the CFLRP proposal process, including timelines and key documents, references, and resources so interested applicants are aware of what’s needed when, and why
- Answer questions about the programs and the request for proposals process
- John Crockett, Deputy Director, Forest Management, Range Management, and Vegetation Ecology, USDA Forest Service
- Cecilia Clavet, Senior Policy Advisor, Forest Restoration & Fire, The Nature Conservancy, CFLRP Coalition
- Jessica Robertson, Integrated Restoration Coordinator, Forest Management, Range Management, and Vegetation Ecology, USDA Forest Service
- Lindsay Buchanan, CFLRP Coordinator, Forest Management, Range Management, and Vegetation Ecology, USDA Forest Service
- Clint Cross, Joint Chiefs Landscape Restoration Program Coordinator, Fire and Aviation Management, USDA Forest Service
- Robert Vaughan, RedCastle Resources, Inc. Contractor for The Geospatial Technology and Applications Center (GTAC).
Upcoming Webinars for Applicants:
All webinars will be recorded and posted to the CFLRP website.
- Thursday, August 1, 10-11:30am ET/1-2:30pm PT
- 888-844-9904 (9404768#)
- Thursday, September 5, 11am-12:30pm ET/2-3:30pm ET
- 888-844-9904 (9404768#)
Further information on CFLRP is available at: https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/CFLRP/index.shtml. The request for new project proposals will be posted to this site.
If you have additional questions please contact Lindsay Buchanan, CFLR Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-808-2810 or Jessica Robertson, Integrated Restoration Coordinator, email@example.com or 202-205-0847.
Click here to learn more...