Building Better BudgetsDate / Time: October 4, 2018 11:00 am
For many organizations, October is the time of year you are creating your budgets for the coming fiscal year. Environmental groups like yours need robust budgeting skills and tools for long-term sustainability and success in your mission. Having an easy-to-use budgeting tool makes developing a budget more accurate while using far less staff time to prepare it. Learn how to budget effectively by knowing which programs are solvent to make careful and strategic programmatic decisions. We will cover essentials such as how to accurately project revenue and expenses and present a clear picture of your organization.
Topics will include:
- Your budget as a powerful tool
- Budgeting conservatively for your organization’s revenue
- “Functional” budgeting and how it can help you guide your organization’s planning
- Monitoring your budget to easily see the impact of changes in your plan – for the better, or the worst
- TREC templates to use to make it easy to succeed