Register now for the 2018 Annual Meeting!
The 2018 Annual meeting will bring some of the most knowledgeable water resource professionals in the state together for a day of information sharing, dynamic conversations, and networking.
MWCC Annual Meeting 2018
Friday, January 12th
Kleffner Ranch, East Helena
MWCC Partner Registration- FREE
AGENDA: Agenda for Download
9:00a Welcome –Eric Trum & Ethan Kunard.
9:15a Mark Haggerty Headwaters Economics- The Economic Benefit of a Healthy Watershed
10:00a Director’s Panel.
Montana watershed groups are a key feature of natural resource management in Montana. We will hear the perspective from state agency directors on the added value of working with local groups as well as partnership opportunities in 2018.
- Martha Williams, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks
- Tom Livers, Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- John Tubbs, Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation
- Mark Nechodom, Montana Department of Agriculture
12:15p New Water Monitoring Webpage -Adam Sigler and Katie Makarowski
12:30p Defining the Watershed Approach
Over the years, MWCC and members of our network have been asked, “What IS a watershed group?” Well, it’s complicated. MWCC’s directory consists of non-profit organizations, local governments, and tribal programs. But, what do we really have in common? We may vary in our structure and the scope of our activities, but our approach to natural resource management unites us.
We have a unique opportunity to define ourselves in the 2019 legislative session. MWCC will provide an overview of the opportunity, the University of Montana will present data regarding shared principles among the MWCC directory, and meeting attendees can participate in a meeting-wide discussion on defining the watershed approach.
2:45p Local Watershed Panel. Watershed coordinators from across the state will reflect on the day and discuss next steps. Participants include:
- Jim Stone, Rolling Stone Ranch
- Loren BirdRattler, Blackfeet Nation
- Rachel Frost, Missouri River Conservation Districts Council
- Maureen Connor, Clark Fork and Kootenai River Basins Council
- Zach Brown, One Montana and Representatives for HD 63
4:00p Reception at the Kleffner Ranch
Thank you MWCC 2018 For Profit Partners for your sponsorship!