To download a copy of the report, click HERE.
MWCC 2020 Impacts
With the help of our partners, MWCC accomplished the following in 2020:
- Watershed Fund MWCC worked with federal, state, and private funders to provide a total of $215,400 in grants to local conservation organizations to support projects and build capacity in 28 communities.
- COVID-19 Relief In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we provided more than $16,000 in support to watershed groups and conservation districts to assist adaptation of their work.
- Annual Meeting Our annual meeting held in Helena drew a record attendance of more than 150 conservation leaders from local watershed organizations, state and federal agencies, and non-profit conservation partners.
- Montana Forest Action Plan Recognizing that forests are a critical component of our watersheds, MWCC served on the council to draft Montana’s Forest Action Plan that guides forest implementation projects to improve watershed health and reduce threats to communities from extreme wildfire events.
- 2020 Summit to Stream We partnered with the Montana Forest Collaboration Network to host a 3-day virtual conference with more than 200 representatives from every sector of Montana’s land and water conservation field.
- MWCC Supporting Members Our membership program reached an all-time high with 111 supporters in 2020.
- Big Sky Watershed Corps In partnership with Montana Conservation Corps and Soil & Water Conservation Districts of Montana, we helped support
35 members in 2020 who served 58,000 service hours with Montana watershed organizations.
- Watershed News The MWCC Watershed News continues to provide important news and resources to watershed professionals, and in 2020 we published 25 editions to more than 1,200 subscribers.