MWCC is hiring!
Are you looking for…
- a positive and success oriented work environment,
- an opportunity to join a (small but) dynamic group of people supporting watershed activities statewide, and
- support for your personal professional development.
Consider joining MWCC as the Watershed Programs Coordinator….
Montana Watershed Coordination Council, Watershed Programs Coordinator
Organization and Position Background
The Montana Watershed Coordination Council is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with the mission to “support and unite Montana’s watershed communities to promote healthy and productive landscapes.” MWCC is seeking a Watershed Programs Coordinator to provide direct support to MWCC Programs and implement our outreach strategy with our 63 watershed groups across the State of Montana.
MWCC is an energetic and service oriented work environment. We cultivate positivity, performance, win-win solutions, and personal growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will work collaboratively to enhance MWCC’s service model in increasing watershed group capacity through connecting groups with human, technical, and financial resources. Position activities may be subject to change as organization needs evolve and will generally entail:
Watershed Fund Grant Management– 20%
- Provide administrative support to the Watershed Fund Committee
- Manage MOUs, invoices, and grant tracking for MWCC sub grants
Big Sky Watershed Corps (BSWC) Host Site Support– 20%.
- Manage approximately $100,000 in sub grants to BSWC Host Sites. Includes: Grant opportunity promotion, application review, financial tracking, and grant reporting
- Identify and pursue new Host Site funding opportunities
- Respond to BSWC Host Site concerns, including: supervision & management, funding acquisition, inter-host site partnership & coordination
- Outreach & recruitment of BSWC Host Sites. Communicate program details and benefits to potential Host Sites and identify appropriate applicants for the BSWC program
- Serve on BSWC Steering Committee to identify and report on program metrics to current and potential program partners
Watershed Communication– 40%
- Develop content for Watershed News: track local events, news, and watershed conservation stories statewide
- Update MWCC Website Calendar and other content as appropriate. Serve as the primary point of contact for website updates
- Manage annual watershed survey and develop the biennial 2019 State of the Watersheds Report
- Oversee MWCC’s Watershed Stories Campaign and MWCC Communication Plan
- Participate in other organization activities as requested, including MWCC events, tours, and trainings.
Partnership Program Support– 10%
- Promote MWCC Partnership Program: communicate member benefits, respond to inquiries, and track member satisfaction
- Manage applications, benefits, and technical logistics for the MWCC Partnership Program
- Provide direct support to the MWCC Executive Director as needed in fulfilling Partnership program requests
- Work with Executive Director to identify and pursue additional funding sources for program activities
The ideal candidate will work full-time and be based in Helena, MT. However, a truly outstanding candidate who is based elsewhere in Montana will be considered.
To Apply: Submit the following in .pdf format by email (preferred) or mail to: email@example.com or Montana Watershed Coordination Council, P.O. Box 1416, Helena, MT 59624. If emailed, include “WPC Application [Your Last Name]” in the subject line.
- Cover letter;
- Resume, including all relevant experience;
- Professional writing sample (limit 3 pages);
- Answers to application inquiries (limit 2 pages):
- Please describe grant writing, reporting, or grant program implementation experience.
- Please describe your experience participating in or facilitating a professional network including your communication strategy, the challenges you encountered, and success in reaching common goals.
- Please describe your current professional goals, how you think this position will advance your personal growth, and what skills and experiences you are most interested in acquiring.
Starting salary is $16.00 dollars per hour. This is a full-time position; however, less than full-time options will be considered. The position is open until filled. Initial application review will include all applications received by May 9, 2018. MWCC offers a flexible work environment, generous vacation leave (including “Watershed Days”), retirement, and health care stipend.
MWCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.