The Montana Watershed Coordination Council provides tools, funding, resources, and training to facilitate successful watershed conservation projects throughout Montana. Our projects and programs provide support to local communities, while also connecting them to a larger network of more than 100 community-based conservation groups in the state. Joining MWCC as a Supporting Member allows us to continue providing important resources, while also expanding our service area to support additional watershed communities. Joining as a member helps us provide the following services to our partners:
- Funding – The MWCC Watershed Fund provides financial support to groups across the state for project implementation, organizational capacity, and professional development. In 2020, we provided more than $215,000 to 28 communities.
- Peer-to-Peer Learning & Networking – Our events (e.g., Watershed Symposium, Annual Meeting, Watershed Day, Fall Watershed Tour, etc.) connect watershed organizations, landowners, agencies, non-profits, researchers, and funders to create opportunities for learning, networking, and relationship building.
- Big Sky Watershed Corps Support – For the last 10 years, we have worked in partnership to provide funding, training, and mentoring to members and host sites in the Big Sky Watershed Corps program
- Information Sharing – Our biweekly Watershed Newsletter contains a collection of statewide highlights related to land and water conservation and provides up-to-date information about funding, careers, events, and other topics within the watershed community.
- Sharing and Promoting Accomplishments – We work with local partners to develop stories and materials (e.g., Watershed Stories, State of the Watersheds Report, etc.) that convey the importance of locally-led watershed conservation efforts and highlight on-the-ground successes.
- Representing the Watershed Approach – MWCC works with agencies and NGOs at the statewide, regional, and national level to act as a collective voice for locally-led approaches to conservation in Montana.
There are multiple ways you can join and support MWCC. Click the links below for more information about membership levels and benefits.