Senior Outreach Manager – American Prairie ReserveJob Type(s): Communications, Programs / Services
Deadline: April 13, 2020 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
TITLE: Senior Outreach Manager
DIVISION: External Relations
REPORTS TO: Vice President, External Relations
LOCATION: Lewistown, MT
STATUS: Full-time, averages 40 per week
BENEFITS OFFERED: Paid National Holidays, Paid Sick Days, Paid Volunteer Hours, 401K with up to 3% employer match, Medical Insurance with optional Flexible Savings or Health Savings Account & Dependent Care Account, Short-term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Vision, Dental, Life, Critical Illness, & Accident Insurance, Work Role Provisions, Reserve Lodging Perks, Corporate Discounts
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Employees are expected to be responsible for and assist with additional tasks and duties as needed. Job descriptions may change to meet the business needs of the organization.
The Senior Outreach Manager is responsible for serving as a public representative for APR’s vision for wildlife restoration, public enjoyment & access, and land conservation. This position leads and directs APR’s outreach with targeted focus on Montana and the APR project area. Primary responsibilities are to build support and organize individuals and groups who will advocate on APR’s behalf. While maintaining a project area focus, the Senior Outreach Manager will also help build a stronger statewide constituency by representing APR and conducting outreach across the state. This position is public facing and requires the ability to confidently communicate APR’s unique vision for conservation, wildlife restoration, and public recreation.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Identify and build a base of supporters to speak positively about APR’s work to protect land and wildlife and offer increasing public access and recreational opportunities.
- Be active and visible within the Lewistown community including by conducting outreach events and face-to-face meetings with community leaders.
- Serve as a partner with the Vice President of External Relations and Sr Mgr of Media & Government Relations to raise awareness with key constituencies in Montana.
- Skillfully communicate APR’s unique vision for land and wildlife conservation, public access, and recreational opportunities through presentations to groups and organizations across the state.
- Be a resource for those seeking information on access and recreational opportunities within the APR project area.
- Identify and build relationships with recreation groups (including hunters) in the region who can serve as a voice for public access, wildlife restoration, and land conservation.
- Serve as the lead staff for APR’s Hunting Advisory Council.
- Represent APR at stakeholder meetings and conferences and seek out opportunities to collaborate with other groups and state agencies on a variety of conservation issues.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of APR’s mission, goals and culture.
- Skilled listener, able to connect with people, and communicate APR’s unique vision for conservation, wildlife restoration, and public access.
- Minimum of five years to seven years of demonstrated experience in outreach-based advocacy, grassroots organizing, and/or community organizing.
- Outgoing personality and ability to foster a positive atmosphere during difficult situations.
- Skilled verbal and written communicator with diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with diverse interests and non-traditional partners.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coordinate and manage volunteers.
- Ability to travel throughout Montana and ability to work evenings or weekends when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Valid Driver’s License, satisfactory driving record, and ability to drive regularly.
- Conflict resolution skill and or training.
- Familiarity with Montana economics, politics and culture.
- Familiarity with database membership systems a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. American Prairie Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.