Revenue Accountant – Rocky Mountain Elk FoundationJob Type(s): Finance
Salary: $14 – $15
Deadline: June 24, 2019 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
This position is responsible for recording accounts receivable transactions and activities. Works closely with Accounting and other department personnel to ensure accurate financial reporting and ensures data integrity of customer accounts. This position involves extensive communication with customers. Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/24/19
1. Follow established procedures for processing all cash receipts, electronic receipts, discounts, returns, and other changes to customer accounts timely and accurately. Works closely with Accounting, Customer Service, and other department personnel to ensure accurate customer balances.
2. Runs GL and Auto Invoice interface as needed. Monitors exception reports for error messages, and resolves those errors.
3. Monitors all A/R invoices, credit memos and receipts for: VC, Promo, Trading Post, Life Membership, Major Gifts, Lockbox, Employee Computers, and other transaction types. Ensure transactions are applied and closed on a timely basis. Provide support for proper recording of all other receivable transaction types.
4. Performs month end closing procedures and runs monthly agings for all A/R transaction types. Compiles data into A/R financial summary worksheets. Assist with reconciliation of the A/R general ledger accounts (done by the 5th working day following the month of close). Assist with the monthly A/R summary for financial statements (due by the 10th working day following the month of close).
5. Responsible for ensuring data integrity of customer accounts. Research all problems and inconsistencies on customer accounts. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and updating customer information accurately and timely. Perform reconciliations of life members as necessary.
6. Responsible for the set up of new Life members and Major Gifts on payment plans as well as other receivables such as employee computer purchases. Responsible for posting of Major Gift monies deposited into chapter accounts. Produce year-end tax letters for Life Members as appropriate.
7. Assist with additional A/R responsibilities as needed. Work closely with the other AR position, and other department members, to ensure all monies are recorded and remitted timely and accurately. Provide backup support when necessary.
8. Ensures that all members and donors enrolled in the automatic credit card payment program are processed through Oracle. Responsible for following up on failed transactions, monitoring card expiration dates, etc.
9. Responsible for following up on past due Life Member accounts. Prints and mails invoices for Life members, recurring donors and Major Gifts. Sends monthly statements and dunning letters when appropriate. Works with collection staff and other departments on past due accounts.
10. Monitor activity in various general ledger clearing accounts, especially Chapter clearing accounts, and process as appropriate.
11. Assist with other needs of the department as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred. Combination of Associate’s degree and three or more years of experience in accounting may be considered in lieu of education.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Knowledge and support of RMEF’s mission, goals, programs, and activities.
2. Must have strong knowledge of basic accounting.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpersonal communication skills.
4. Ability to use and understand complicated database programs.
5. Ability to work independently without frequent direct supervision and in a team environment.
6. Must be detail oriented, accurate and very organized.
7. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely and effective manner. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and work under stressful situations.
8. Must have excellent customer service skills (i.e. follow-up, follow-through, willing to take extra steps to solve a problem, and pleasant to work with) and be able to effectively handle conflict.