Range Conservationist – Montana Association of Conservation DistrictsSalary: $37000 – $42000
Deadline: May 7, 2021 5:00 pm
Please click here to visit the job posting page
Overview: Montana Association of Conservation Districts(MACD) is hiring for one (1) full-time, term position with benefits to serve in
Circle, Montana. These positions are part of a collaborative effort among MACD, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), and local partners to further the delivery ofrangeland conservation. This position will maintain and/or expand technical assistance capacity in key rangeland focal areas to strengthen working ranchlands management. Employees will work with private landowners in Montana to increase the sustainability and economic viability of ranches while simultaneously improving the habitat for sage grouse and other rangeland dependent wildlife. The incumbent will be an employee of MACDwith daily instruction and leadership provided by the local NRCS District Conservationist. For more information about these positions and MACD, visit: https://macdnet.org/
• Provide technical assistance (range conservation and biology focus) and guidance to landowners, government agencies, nongovernment organizations(NGOs) and others. Training will be provided by NRCS and partners.
• Coordinate the implementation and application of range biological sciences within the conservation programs in cooperation with the local NRCS District Conservationist, BLM, and others.
• Provide monitoring, producer follow up, and technical assistance to producers implementing prescribed grazing plans on lands benefiting sage grouse and other grassland birds.
• Communicate program requirements, complete site visits to determine eligibility, and develop contracts/plans for applicants enrolling in USDA conservation programs or other state and local rangeland conservation programs for the protection, restoration and enhancement of rangelands.
• Coordinate and participate in field work activities for rangeland conservation project implementation.
• Provide technical assistance for soil health benefiting habitat for grassland species.
• Perform other related duties as assigned, including public education and outreach.