Program Assistant, Beginning Farmer and Rancher ProgramJob Type(s): Communications, Programs / Services
Deadline: June 21, 2019 12:00 am
Do you love local food, knowing your farmer and rancher, and managing the details? We’re looking for someone who can write passionately about our programs, support events in classrooms and on farms across Western MT, and fit seamlessly into a small, fun-loving team that makes a big impact.
The Community Food & Agriculture Coalition seeks applications for a Program Assistant in our Beginning farmer and Rancher (BFR) Program. This position supports the planning, delivery and evaluation of all BFR Programming at CFAC. The BFR Program works to support the development and growth of farm and ranch businesses in Western Montana and provides resources and support across the state, specializing in small and diversified farms and ranches. BFR projects include events and workshops, resource development, technical assistance, financial assistance and website management. The Program Assistant will work out of the CFAC office in Missoula, MT and reports directly to the Program Director.
CFAC’s mission is to develop and strengthen Missoula County’s food system: promoting sustainable agriculture; building regional self-reliance; and assuring all citizens equal access to healthy, affordable, and culturally-appropriate food. CFAC facilitates dialogue, education, and collaboration within the community, encouraging creative problem solving and proactive policy advocacy. It is essential for all staff, including the BFR Program Assistant, to whole-heartedly embrace this vision and grassroots approach. As a small organization with a holistic mission, all staff contribute to projects across the organization, regardless of their job titles. More information about CFAC’s programs is available on our websites: www.MissoulaCFAC.org and www.farmlinkmontana.org.
This is a part time staff position, with a starting salary of $15.00 per hour, 20 hours per week. Benefits include vacation and sick leave, holidays, and partial health insurance premium coverage.
- Program and Event Support: Support the development, execution and evaluation of innovative farmer and rancher educational programs. This includes materials creation, registration management, scheduling and booking, and participant communications.
- Promotions: Create and distribute promotional content for email, social media and traditional media. This includes working with staff to understand program elements and outcomes, writing effective copy, creating graphics and overseeing promotion schedules.
- Farm Link Montana website: Process applications and manage content on Farm Link Montana website and provide excellent customer support to site users. Collect content and distribute monthly email newsletter.
- Administrative Support: Record minutes during farmer meetings and as needed at other events.
- Program Evaluation: Support the program evaluation team, including collection and documentation of participant and partner evaluations across BFR Programming.
- Communications: Clearly communicate via email, phone, and in-person with program partners and CFAC members as needed to support BFR work.
- Open-mined and willing to learn about and work with partners of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and collaboratively
- Basic knowledge of local agriculture and food systems, Montana ag experience a plus
- Understanding of and support for CFAC’s vision of a local food & agriculture system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to engage cooperatively and constructively with a diversity of stakeholders, staff, board members, program participants and volunteers
- Event planning and implementation experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Google Suite. Salesforce experience a plus
- Fluency with social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram) required
- Basic design skills required. Experience with Canva and WordPress a plus
- College degree required
Applications will be accepted until June 21. Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled the week of June 24th.