Grant Writer – Northern PlainsSalary: $18 – $20
Deadline: January 27, 2021 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
Our Grant Writer is primarily responsible for raising money from external sources such as foundations, churches, and other granting institutions – private foundations being by far the biggest source of our external fundraising.
This means maintaining effective relationships, producing quality written materials, conducting research, and meeting deadlines. The Grant Writer also has responsibilities in other aspects of our fundraising and our overall organizational work.
The position of Grant Writer is a full-time (35-40 hours/week, negotiable) hourly position.
While each employee at Northern Plains has individual work assignments, the entire staff works together as a team to accomplish the goals set by the Board of Directors.
Job location: Billings, Montana (location first 3 months negotiable)
Northern Plains does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Preparing and submitting grant proposals and reports – to targeted foundations and other granting organizations;
- Researching and prioritizing prospective funders of Northern Plains’ work;
- Maintaining a calendar of proposal and report deadlines;
- Developing relationships as appropriate with key foundation program officers;
- Maintaining supporting materials that are needed for proposals and reports;
- Maintaining organized records of grant and foundation materials;
- Maintaining and updating Northern Plains’ presence on websites like GuideStar and Charity Navigator;
- Developing thorough knowledge of Northern Plains’ issue campaigns to communicate our work effectively.
- Drafting fundraising letters and thank-you letters;
- Participating in Northern Plains’ Grassroots Donor Campaign;
- Helping with Northern Plains’ bequest program;
- Updating the staff and board on grant progress;
- Administrative tasks as assigned (e.g. reconciling bank statements);
- Participating in staff team meetings and collaborating with other staff as needed to advance our work.