Geographic Information System Specialist- BLMJob Type(s): Programs / Services
Deadline: July 16, 2020 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
Incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing technical user support for all aspects of geospatial data and software.
- Developing and implementing quality control and assurance guidelines for geospatial data projects.
- Identifying requirements and implementing advanced analytical techniques necessary to solve complex GIS issues.
- Working with a diverse group of resource specialists, planners, and managers to coordinate and implement GIS activities.
- Coordinating with managers, resource specialists/technicians, and IT staff to identify GIS hardware and processing needs and developing plans for required upgrades.
- Promoting and implementing an integrated training program to meet needs and teach basic skills in the use of GIS software, data acquisition, retrieval, and analysis.
- Assisting in the integration of Enterprise GIS with the long- and short-term planning and management activities.
- Providing programming in support of database administration and geospatial applications.