Environmental Science Communications Specialist – Geum Environmental ConsultingDeadline: January 27, 2021 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
Geum Environmental Consulting (geumconsulting.com) seeks a new, part-time team member to support our increasing need for high quality science communications for a wide range of ecological restoration and natural resource management projects.
Salary range: Depends on education and experience
Location: Hamilton, Montana with option for remote work.
Aspects of the Job
• Provide communications, outreach, and technical writing support for projects related to restoring
rivers, riparian areas and wetlands; designing green infrastructure; managing natural resources
information and spatial data; and managing lands for long-term sustainability and climate resilience;
• Provide technical and editorial review of written work products;
• Provide support for facilitating meetings, both in-person and online, of technical working groups,
stakeholders and technical teams;
• Work as part of a team to write technical articles to summarize knowledge gained from long-term
restoration projects and related effectiveness monitoring;
• Develop content for educational workshops related to ecological restoration science and project
• Develop, post, and manage content for web site, marketing, and social media;
• Respond to requests for proposals, including developing technical approach and cost estimates;
• Work as a team member with other Geum staff and partners; and
• Complete other tasks as required.
• Three to five years professional experience;
• Demonstrated professional technical writing skills;
• Master’s degree, or graduate degree in progress;
• Ability to develop work products that meet high professional standards using common office software and specialized software; and
• Ability to work in an office environment or remotely as needed, with some field work opportunities