Environmental Science Communication Specialist – Geum Environmental ConsultingJob Type(s): Communications
Deadline: January 22, 2021 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
Geum Environmental Consulting (geumconsulting.com) seeks a new, part-time team member to support our increasing need for high quality science communications for a wide range of ecological restoration and natural resource management projects.
Salary range: Depends on education and experience
Location: Hamilton, Montana with option for remote work.
Aspects of the Job
- Provide communications, outreach, and technical writing support for projects related to restoring rivers, riparian areas and wetlands; designing green infrastructure; managing natural resources information and spatial data; and managing lands for long-term sustainability and climate resilience;
- Provide technical and editorial review of written work products;
- Provide support for facilitating meetings, both in-person and online, of technical working groups, stakeholders and technical teams;
- Work as part of a team to write technical articles to summarize knowledge gained from long-term restoration projects and related effectiveness monitoring;
- Develop content for educational workshops related to ecological restoration science and project management;
- Develop, post, and manage content for web site, marketing, and social media;
- Respond to requests for proposals, including developing technical approach and cost estimates;
- Work as a team member with other Geum staff and partners; and
- Complete other tasks as required.
Geum offers a rewarding work environment for people who are driven to excel and who appreciate working as part of a collegial, interdisciplinary team. This part-time position may be a good fit for someone in the process of completing graduate work in a natural resource science field, or who has at least a Master’s degree along with other obligations that limit availability for full-time work. There is potential for the position to become full-time. This position is open until filled.
Hamilton, Montana is located in the Bitterroot Valley south of Missoula, Montana where there are abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation in all seasons.