Director of Philanthropy- American Prairie ReserveJob Type(s): Development, Executive
Deadline: January 31, 2019 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
JOB PURPOSE: The Director of Philanthropy functions as a key strategist and advisor overseeing the Major and Planned Giving Development Officer team and works closely with the Corporate, Membership and Executive teams. This position will work collaboratively with all Development staff to refine and implement fundraising and donor engagement strategies focused on acquiring, retaining and inspiring greater gifts from donors. This key member of the development team will manage prospect research and donor strategy as it relates to major and planned giving under the umbrella of the Land of Legacy campaign. This person will work with the recreation team to manage high-end donor visits to the Reserve. This position will support Executive Staff (VP of Philanthropy and Managing Director) with donor proposal development. The Director of Philanthropy will develop and manage a small portfolio of foundation and high-capacity donors in addition to an open portfolio of major gift potential donors capable of six, seven and eight figure commitments providing input into determining strategic portfolio placement.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Manage and lead team of Development Officers providing support, guidance, and donor strategy development to ensure maximum portfolio management and revenue production.
- Manage a small portfolio of foundations and high-capacity donors through a moves management program to meet annual fundraising goals.
- Support Executive Staff (VP of Philanthropy and Managing Director) with donor proposal development.
- Serve as strategic advisor for Development team and interpret philanthropic interests of donors to best align with organization programming.
- Manage prospect research, donor strategy and an open portfolio of potential major donors to ensure maximum portfolio/pipeline relationship development for all gift officers.
- Work closely with development staff to develop and manage engagement and follow-up strategies to maximize revenue potential.
- Oversee execution of high-level donor engagement visits to the Reserve.
- Work closely with the corporate sponsorships team to help identify and expand funding opportunities.
- Work closely with the Membership and Marketing teams to coordinate strategic donor contact/messaging and outreach to major and planned giving donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.