Crew Lead/Botanist – University of MontanaJob Type(s): Other
Deadline: January 31, 2021 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
The O’Connor Center for the Rocky Mountain West at the University of Montana (UM) is currently recruiting CREW LEADS/ BOTANISTS for the 2021 field season. We will be partnering with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to implement their Terrestrial Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring (AIM) strategy, which is targeted at collecting standardized inventory and long-term vegetation data at multiple scales across the BLM Districts in the Western U.S.
The AIM Field Crew Leads/Botanists will lead a team of 1-2 technicians to collect vegetation and soils data in grasslands and shrublands.
Principal duties include:
1) Describing sites following established protocols;
2) Completion of electronic field survey forms;
3) Identification of all plants to species using a dichotomous key;
4) Management of soil and vegetation samples and quality control of data;
5) Maintaining good working relationships among crews and managers, ensuring adherence to methods; and
6) Effectively representing UM to partners, information users, and landowners.