Coordinator of Reserve Operations – American Prairie ReserveJob Type(s): Administrative
Deadline: April 13, 2020 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
TITLE: Coordinator of Reserve Operations
REPORTS TO: Vice President and Reserve Superintendent (“Superintendent”)
LOCATION: Lewistown, MT
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
BENEFITS OFFERED: Paid Vacation, Paid National Holidays, Paid Sick Days, Paid Volunteer Hours, 401K with Employer Match, Medical Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Savings or Health Savings Account, Dependent Care Account, Voluntary Vision, Dental, Life, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance, Flexible Scheduling, Work Role Provisions, Reserve Lodging Perks, Corporate Discounts
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Employees are expected to be responsible for and assist with additional tasks and duties as needed. Job descriptions may change to meet the business needs of the organization.
JOB PURPOSE: Directly assist the Superintendent in the daily operation of the Reserve Division including the planning, implementing, directing and maintaining of processes and systems, projects, programs and activities. Provide integral support that includes coordinating, communicating, organizing, prioritizing, and the ability to execute deliverables in line with strategies and goals. Act as the primary coordinator for the operations of the Lewistown office.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Direct support to the Superintendent and Reserve Division 85%
- Collaborate with the Superintendent on executive initiatives and priorities including monitoring and tracking of action items, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Manage the schedule and calendar of the Superintendent and coordinate a wide variety of projects, activities, meetings or events for the Superintendent.
- Provide meeting support including scheduling, agenda preparation, and recording of relevant notes, and tracking of action items through to completion for the Superintendent.
- Serve as a bridge and liaison between the Superintendent and other staff, helping to disseminate information, or to address concerns, questions, and suggestions and to foster alignment across the Reserve and other organizational divisions.
- Ghostwrite correspondence and prepare and/or edit reports, proposals, memos, letters, and other documents for the Superintendent.
- Compile data from a variety of diversified sources (external contingencies or agencies, staff, or collaborators) for the purpose of preparing reports, making recommendations or preparing other information.
- Maintain a wide variety of documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and historical reference in accordance with operational guidelines and requirements.
- Monitor a variety of activities and communications on behalf of the Superintendent for the purpose of keeping the Superintendent informed of happenings.
- Organize, store, and retrieve documents, records, and reports in hard copy and electronically.
- Complete logistical arrangements including travel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Superintendent’s division.
Lewistown Office Reception and Administration 15%
- Assist in greeting visitors and guests providing direction or information.
- Provide general Lewistown office support including oversight of office supply inventory and ordering and acting as the liaison to the landlord, cleaners, snow removal, and other vendors as needed.
- Assist with minor IT issues and troubleshooting as needed in the Lewistown office with support from Bozeman Operations team and contracted external IT support.
- Process Lewistown office incoming mail.
- As requested, complete vacant building checks of the National Discovery Center and provide access to building for contractors, insurance inspectors, and other vendors.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of APR’s mission, values, goals and culture.
- 2+ years of administrative assistance experience.
- Project management experience.
- Active listening to give full attention and to ask questions as appropriate.
- Ability to anticipate needs and initiate support while remaining flexible and agile.
- Proactive and motivated work ethic; confident and adaptable with sound judgment.
- Strong initiative with the ability to hold others accountable to deadlines.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience including efficient and accurate note taking skills, strong formal writing skills and ability to edit written materials.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills; versatility to interact professionally with staff at all levels of the organization, board members, volunteers, vendors and donors in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong strategic initiative toward understanding organizational goals, mission and objectives.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multi-task with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Possess a superior level of organizational skills, problem solving ability, and follow-through.
- Active learning to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.
- Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning to identify the alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
- Computer experience including high proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Calendar, Keynote, and Internet research.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as with a great deal of autonomy including working independently without supervision.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion.
- Ability to complete out of office errands.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and ability to drive.
- Ability to travel regularly to Reserve property; on average once or twice per month, including some overnights.
- Comfort level with driving and working in remote areas with rugged terrain and rough roads.
- 5+ years administrative assistance experience.
- Experience as an executive assistant.
- College degree.
- Logistical and events support experience preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. American Prairie Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.