Communications Manager – American Prairie ReserveJob Type(s): Communications
Deadline: July 31, 2019 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
TITLE: Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Communications
LOCATION: Bozeman, MT
BENEFITS: Paid Vacation, Paid National Holidays, Paid Sick Days, Paid Volunteer Hours, 401K, Medical Insurance, Flexible Savings or Health Savings Account, Dependent Care Account, Voluntary Vision & Dental, Short-term Disability Insurance, Work Role Provisions, Reserve Lodging Perks, Corporate Discounts.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. All employees are required to be responsible for and assist with additional tasks and responsibilities as needed.
JOB PURPOSE: The Communications Manager is responsible for identifying, researching, capturing, and sharing American Prairie Reserve’s inspiring, educational, and sometimes even complex stories across the organization’s various channels. This individual will ensure the organization’s various audiences – including donors, visitors, advocates, and the general public – are able to engage with the content through a multi-channel approach. Additionally, this individual is the primary owner of American Prairie Reserve’s social media editorial calendar and execution.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Storytelling & Copywriting (60%)
- Initiate and create passionate, inspiring, educational, and actionable content and stories.
- Write, proof, and disseminate content on appropriate channels – including website, blog, email, social media, and in print – and to appropriate audiences.
- Manage a process and repository to collect new stories and information, and update progress of previously-told stories from staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Maintain APR’s key communications facts for internal use.
- Identify opportunities to and initiate the updating of both print and digital collateral.
- Manage external contractor and agency relationships, including APR’s web developer, external copywriters, etc.
- Ensure consistency in voice and messaging across all channels and audiences.
- Ensure all stories and tactics are in alignment with the team’s strategic marketing and communications plan.
- Track and analyze efficacy of various tactics and strategies outlined in the Communications Calendar; recommend adjustments based on real-time learnings.
Digital Media Strategy & Execution (40%)
- Responsible for APR’s social media strategy, including writing and executing a data-driven editorial calendar that aligns with the organization’s overarching marketing and communications strategy.
- Own and maintain americanprairie.org, as well as create and manage additional websites for special initiatives.
- Track and analyze performance, make recommendations for process, strategy, and platform improvements using Google Analytics and Pardot.
- Capture American Prairie Reserve through visual storytelling.
- Continually monitor, develop, and improve American Prairie Reserve’s digital presence in accordance with APR’s strategic goals.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of APR’s mission, goals and culture.
- Degree in strategic communication, marketing, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years directly related experience.
- Is a dynamic and passionate storyteller, able to take sometimes complex information and create compelling content.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; ability to represent APR to all types of audiences in a high quality and polished fashion; to exhibit a diplomatic and positive presence.
- Social media experience.
- Savvy relationship builder able to interact and cultivate collaboration with finesse.
- Strong track record as an implementer able to manage a number of key initiatives concurrently; ability to prioritize and multi-task with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure; excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to participate in events, including some evenings and weekends.
- Familiarity with Montana economics, politics and culture preferred.
- Photography and video experience preferred.
- Occasional travel required including the ability to drive and a valid driver’s license.
- Our digital marketing ecosystem currently includes Drupal, Salesforce, Pardot, Hootsuite, and Creative Cloud. Experience with these platforms is preferable but not required.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. American Prairie Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.