Blackfoot Challenge Executive DirectorJob Type(s): Executive
Salary: $80000 – $90000
Deadline: June 30, 2019 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
The Blackfoot Challenge seeks an experienced, collaborative, and personable Executive Director (ED) to lead the fund development and strategic visioning of the organization while providing financial and administrative oversight and exceptional staff supervision. As a board-led organization, the Blackfoot Challenge requires an ED who is willing and able to participate in and help guide a collaborative process to find solutions, drawing from the experience and perspectives of fellow Staff and Board members. The ED plays the primary role in fund development for the organization and the successful candidate will have extensive fundraising experience and current relationships with a variety of funders, both private and public. This person will be a leader and member of our Executive Team, a collaborative model of organizational leadership we are still in the process of developing (the new ED will play a central role in developing this concept). Together, members of the Executive Team will manage the various administrative, financial and programmatic duties required at the organization.
The Blackfoot Challenge is looking for a leader who is able to identify and utilize the existing strengths of his/her team, empowering and energizing those he/she works with. The ED must be an exceptional listener, humble, open-minded, lead by example, and have a sense of humor. Our next ED will be solution- and personal growth-oriented, and possess exceptional communication skills and know how to build and sustain relationships. During their first year with the Blackfoot Challenge, the individual will be required to spend a considerable amount of time learning about the history of the organization and the community-based process, familiarizing themselves with watershed landmarks and communities, and meeting community members, funders/donors, and agency partners.
A Successful Candidate will Demonstrate:
- Strong commitment to community-based conservation, the Blackfoot watershed, and the mission of the Blackfoot Challenge.
- Appreciation of watershed conservation and public/private partnerships.
- Capacity to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity, including honesty and humility.
- Willingness and desire to be a team player within a collaborative work culture.
- A strong work ethic.
- A great sense of humor.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum seven years’ experience in nonprofit management.
- Demonstrated record of growing fund development programs, managing staff, and developing complex budgets.
- Experience working with people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, especially private landowners and public land managers.
- A bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Ability to use office technology like email, Microsoft office suite, online document storage systems, computers, telephones, and printers (Salesforce experience a plus).
- Travel required; must possess a valid driver’s license and full-coverage car insurance.
- Ability to do light lifting, bending, and walk outside on uneven footing.