AIS Early Detection & Monitoring Technician – FWPJob Type(s): Programs / Services
Deadline: June 1, 2020 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
- Basic knowledge and understanding of or ability to quickly learn sampling and field operations will be required.
- Ability to prioritize and carryout project processes and act as a co-lead worker.
- Identification of native and non-native aquatic plants and macroinvertebrates including but not limited to bivalves, crustaceans, fish, and aquatic insects.
- Ability to use a dichotomous key for identification of species.
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications are required.
- Map reading skills and familiarity with map coordinate systems are required.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to accurately collect, record, and summarize data.
- Ability to work with professional biologists, other research assistants and the public.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with motorboat operation with training
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with non-motorized watercraft operation with training
- Be able to operate four-wheel drive vehicles with training.
- Ability to handle trailers in unique settings.
- Able to work with little or no direct supervision in potentially hazardous conditions is expected.
- Experience with mapping software and the use of GPS units are preferred.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
The knowledge, skills, and abilities of this position are normally attained through combination of education and experience equivalent to a High School Diploma and 2 years of related experience.
: Environmental Sciences
13.78 – 13.78 Hourly Benefits Package Eligibility: Health Insurance, Paid Leave & Holidays, Retirement Plan
Number of Openings
: 2 Employee Status: Seasonal Schedule: Full-Time
: Yes, 75 % of the Time
: Helena, Billings Agency: Department of Fish, Wildlife & Parks Union: 000 – None Bargaining Unit: 000 – None
: Feb 10, 2020, 12:20:44 PM