WCS Climate Adaptation FundFunder Name or Agency: Wildlife Conservation Society
Funding Sources: Private Foundation
Elligible Entities: Non-Profit Organization
Funding Amount: $250000
Deadline: April 5, 2019
Click here to visit Wildlife Conservation Society‘s Website!
WHAT WE FUND
One to two-year projects that implement science-driven, on-the-ground actions that assist wildlife and ecosystems to adapt to climate change at a landscape scale.
Project proposals must:
- Focus on the functionality of ecosystems, rather than conserving individual species.
- Be designed for long-term conservation impact.
- Create the potential for impact at a landscape scale.
- Use strategic, targeted communications activities to amplify adaptation outcomes.
- Be designed with climate adaptation for wildlife and ecosystems as a core goal or outcome of the work.
- Propose conservation goals and actions that are grounded in the best available science.
- Conduct on-the-ground implementation, not research, planning or tool development.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- U.S.-based non-profit conservation organizations with approved IRS 501(c)(3) status. U.S.-based non-profit conservation organizations without an approved IRS 501(c)(3) status may apply through a 501(c)(3) organization as a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations proposing adaptation projects within the 50 U.S. states and territories.
- Organizations proposing adaptation projects in terrestrial, inland aquatic, or coastal aquatic systems.
The WCS Climate Adaptation Fund is unable to make grants to for-profit corporations, individuals, universities, public agencies, municipalities or other types of government entities. However, we encourage and expect that many projects will be implemented in collaborative partnership between the leading non-profit organization and a diverse array of natural resource practitioners.