Temper of the Times Foundation Grant FundingFunder Name or Agency: Temper of the Times Foundation, Inc.
Elligible Entities: Non-Profit Organization
Funding Amount: $15000
Deadline: December 16, 2019
Click here to visit Temper of the Times Foundation, Inc.‘s Website!
Temper of the Times Foundation provides funds only to nonprofit organizations classified as 501(c)(3) public charities by the Internal Revenue Service. The Foundation does not provide grants to individuals, for-profit organizations, or government agencies. Grants are typically between $5,000 and $15,000 and are awarded for projects that will lead to measurable outcomes for wildland ecosystem conservation and restoration in the United States. Grants may be used to fund the production of print, radio, or television ads, to pay for advertising space or airtime, or to produce or distribute pamphlets, books, videos, or press packets. Because grants are for wildland ecosystem advertising campaigns, not for general organizational support, they may not be used to cover costs associated with the production of organization newsletters, membership campaigns, or for staff salaries. In addition, the Foundation cannot fund lobbying efforts or candidates for political office.
Application Deadline and Submission
Applications must be submitted to the Foundation via the Apply page by December 15th. If December 15th falls on a weekend, applications are due on the first Monday after the 15th. Please follow the following rules for submitting your proposal.
- All application materials should be included in a single PDF file; Applications in MS Word will be accepted if under 1.0 MB in size.
- The title of the file with your proposal should read “ToT proposal_[year]_[name of your organization]”.
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of application materials. Due to limited staffing, the Foundation does not accept telephone calls from applicants.
Applications should be limited to five pages and should include the following information:
- Organizational information:
- Name, address, telephone number and contact person
- Mission statement
- Brief overview of annual income, expenses and sources of funding
- Charitable tax status
- Title of project
- Amount of funding requested
- Summary of project
- Target audience
- Detailed description of the proposed project and work plan,
including creative work, when possible
- Project budget
- Evidence of feasibility
- Additional sources of funding
- Anticipated outcomes
Application Evaluation Process
The Foundation’s directors will evaluate applications according to the following criteria:
- Ecological importance of issue
- Timeliness of issue
- Level of detail and creativity
- Likely impact
- Track record of organization submitting the proposal
Projects that are likely to have measurable and immediate effects on wildland ecosystem conservation and restoration will be prioritized over those that are purely educational in nature.
Applicants will be informed of the Foundation’s decision by email, approximately six weeks after the application deadline.