Reclamation and Development Grants Program Planning GrantsFunder Name or Agency: MT DNRC
Funding Sources: State Agency
Elligible Entities: Tribal Governments, Local Government and Utility Districts
Funding Amount: $50000
Deadline: June 15, 2018
Click here to visit MT DNRC‘s Website!
The Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation (DNRC) Reclamation and Development Grants Program (RDGP) is accepting grant applications to fund planning and assessment for natural resource projects.
Proposed projects must plan for projects that will provide benefits in one of two categories:
- Mineral development reclamation projects must:
- Reclaim land, water or other resources adversely affected by mineral development, or
- Mitigate damage to public resources caused by mineral development, or
- Research, demonstrate, or provide technical assistance to promote the wise use of Montana minerals, or
- Investigate and remediate sites where hazardous wastes or regulated substances threaten public health or the environment, or
- Research to assess existing or potential environmental damage resulting from mineral development.
- Crucial state need: Projects that meet a crucial state need must prevent or eliminate severe and unacceptable damage to natural resources or capture extraordinary public benefit that would otherwise be lost. They must have a regional or statewide importance. Public benefit from implementation of this type of project must directly relate to natural resources.
Up to $50,000 is available per planning project to any city, county, Tribe, conservation district, or other local government subdivision in Montana.
Planning activities may include, but are not limited to: problem analysis, site assessment, feasibility studies, environmental monitoring, remedial action plans, technology demonstration, research, grant writing or other related actions that lead to a full-scale project.
Applications due Friday, June 15, 2018 at 5 pm.
NEW Application Submittal: The Reclamation and Development Grants Program is using the State of Montana grant application and tracking database called WebGrants at www.fundingmt.org. Please call Heidi Anderson Folnagy at 406-444-6691 for technical support. Applications will also be accepted by email or mail to the addresses listed below for this grant cycle only. Please note that you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
Please submit applications online at www.fundingmt.org. The complete application form and instructions are available electronically on the DNRC website at: http://dnrc.mt.gov/divisions/
If submitting my email/mail please use the addresses below. Remember, this is the last cycle that this method will be accepted. All future cycles will use www.fundingmt.org.