Ground-Water Investigation Program (GWIP)Funder Name or Agency: Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology
Funding Sources: , , State Agency, ,
Deadline: April 16, 2018
Click here to visit Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology‘s Website!
Additional Materials: https://mtwatersheds.org/app/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GWIP-2018-Nomination-Package-and-Ranking-Criteria.pdf
The Ground-Water Steering Committee is currently accepting nominations for Ground-Water Investigation Program (GWIP) projects to be initiated during 2019. GWIP projects are nominated to and prioritized by the Ground-Water Steering Committee, and conducted by the Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology.
The Program investigates site-specific water-resource issues throughout Montana. Proposed projects have included:
- Potential stream depletion from groundwater development and changes in irrigation practices,
- Cumulative effects of existing and proposed water development on stream flow,
- Impacts to groundwater and surface water from changes in irrigation practices or land use,
- Possible impacts of energy development on groundwater resources,
- Implementation of aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) in Montana, and
- Evaluation of mitigation/offset plans in closed basins.
Projects may be nominated by any individual or group. If you are interested in submitting a nomination please see the attachment:
For more information about the program, please click here.
We look forward to seeing new nominations.
Please contact either Russ Levens or Ginette Abdo if you have any questions, would like to discuss project ideas or want additional information.
Russ Levens Ginette Abdo
Chair GWIP Program Manager
Ground Assessment Water Steering Committee Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology