COVID-19 Rapid Response Infrastructure RFPFunder Name or Agency: Mosaic
Elligible Entities: Non-Profit Organization, Partnership
Deadline: July 2, 2020
Click here to visit Mosaic‘s Website!
Mosaic’s mission is to amplify the power of the environmental field—the people and organizations who devote their efforts in pursuit of environmental protection and healthy & just communities—by bolstering the critical infrastructure all movements need to succeed. This unprecedented moment punctuates the necessity for strong movement infrastructure to weather, reinforce, and allow for critical work to persist through extraordinary times.
To respond to the urgent need to reinforce tools and resources to remain effective in the near-term—while also building greater long-term results—in mid-March we surveyed environmental and environmental justice organizations regarding emergent infrastructure needs during this unprecedented time. We heard from all corners that the greatest needs right now include the following three areas, in order of importance:
- TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY for remote work & communications
- Stable in-home Wi-fi connection
- Hardware (laptops & webcams) & software (video conference software & distributed work platforms)
- TRAINING for effective remote work, advocacy & connection
- Training & best practices for remote facilitation & engagement, particularly large gatherings and remote work tools
- Training for transitioning to digital organizing
- RESOURCES for adaptive organizational operations & planning
- Access to shared field-wide and/or specialized resources relevant to an organization’s operations (i.e. legal, admin, financial, HR, network or association memberships, academic journals)
These emergent needs—tools, training, and resources to transition to effective remote work and communications—fall within Mosaic’s areas of strategic focus.
Therefore, Mosaic is launching an open RFP in May 2020 to make $1 million of rapid response grants to individual nonprofit grassroots organizations, and networks of them, focused primarily on environmental protection and/or environmental justice to fund tools & technology, training, and related resources needed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications will be considered over three deadlines between May and July 2020. Funding will be divided across the three deadlines and we intend to communicate decisions within 3 weeks of the deadlines:
- Deadline 1: Friday, May 22, 2020 by 11:59 pm PST
- Deadline 2: Friday, June 12, 2020 by 11:59 pm PST
- Deadline 3: Thursday, July 2, 2020 by 11:59 pm PST