Columbia River Basin Restoration Funding Assistance ProgramFunder Name or Agency: Environmental Protection Agency
Funding Sources: Federal Agency
Elligible Entities: Tribal Governments, State Agency, Local Government and Utility Districts, Non-Profit Organization
Funding Amount: $200000
Deadline: December 20, 2019
Click here to visit Environmental Protection Agency‘s Website!
About the Grant Program
Congress amended the Clean Water Act in 2016 by adding Section 123 (33 U.S.C. § 1275), which required EPA to establish a Columbia River Basin Restoration Program.
Section 123 directs EPA to develop a voluntary, competitive grant program for environmental protection and restoration programs throughout the Basin. The grant program offers funding assistance to eligible entities on a competitive basis.
Fiscal year 2019 is the inaugural year of funding.
Two RFAs are available (see application documents below). Applicants may be considered under either or both RFAs. Please read the instructions carefully.
- September 30, 2019 – RFA opens
- December 20, 2019 – RFA closes (applications due)
- February – September 2020 – Anticipated notification of selection
- April – December 2020 – Anticipated award
EPA is hosting two informational webinars about the RFA (the same webinar offered twice). You may register using the links below. In case you are not able to attend, recordings of the webinars will be made available.
- Thursday, November 7, 2019, 10-11am (PST). Register for the Nov. 7 webinar.
- Monday, November 25, 2019, 1-2pm (PST). Register for the Nov. 25 webinar.
For questions about the RFA, please email us at ColumbiaRiverBasinGrant@epa.gov.
Please note there are two RFAs available: One for eligible entities in the Lower Columbia River Estuary (EPA-R10-OW-CRBRP-2019-01), and one for eligible entities in the Middle and Upper Columbia River Basin (EPA-R10-OW-CRBRP-2019-02). Applicants may be considered under either or both RFAs. Please read the instructions carefully.
- Request for Applications (Lower Columbia River Estuary) – Columbia River Basin Restoration Funding Assistance Program (PDF)(37 pp, 475 K, September 2019)
RFA # EPA-R10-OW-CRBRP-2019-01; For eligible entities in the Lower Columbia River Estuary.
- Request for Applications (Middle and Upper Columbia River Basin) – Columbia River Basin Restoration Funding Assistance Program (PDF)(37 pp, 465 K, September 2019)
RFA # EPA-R10-OW-CRBRP-2019-02; For eligible entities in the Middle and Upper Columbia River Basin.