Sustainability Manager, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)Job Type(s): Administrative, Development, Programs / Services
Deadline: September 15, 2017 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
A foundational component of SAIT’s Applied Research and Innovation Services department, the Green Building Technology (GBT) team is a group of talented, innovative researchers, designers, trades people and engineers keen on partnering with industry to design, develop, implement and commercialize novel green-building technologies.
We are currently recruiting for a Sustainability Manager to report to the GBT Research Associate. You will primarily be responsible for maintaining and improving GBT business process, project management practices, internal project capacity and industry portfolio tracking. Working alongside the GBT team, this position will assist in maintaining office capacity, increasing productivity through the refinement and development of management tools while working alongside existing staff to aid in day to day management of projects, deliverables and productivity.
The position will also coordinate with SAIT facilities management. This position seeks an individual with expertise in sustainable policy, program development and reporting. Alongside GBT team expertise, the GBT sustainability manager will assist in SAIT community sustainability initiatives, motivating sustainable behavior synthesizing the results of this research, and communicating this work to the SAIT community.
Note: This is a temporary, 40 hour/week casual hourly position with an end date of Sept 30, 2018 and opportunity for renewal.
- Project Management: consult with Principal Investigators (PI), Technical Assistants (TAs) and Research Associates (RA) regarding strategies to meet project deliverables
- Report writing related to GBT research themes, including early stage market assessment and literature reviews for innovative technology, educational reports for industry partners, brochure content in addition to white papers and technical reports
- Assist in large scale industry grant applications outside of the typical NSERC application support received by the researchers, applied research grant coordinator and administration team
- Assist in development of GBT service offerings to meet industry R&D and technical service offering needs as recommended by industry partners, the GBTAC Advisory Board and SAIT Faculty and student engagement.
- Liaise with other technology development, technology transfer and commercialization organizations outside of SAIT
- Working with the GBT General Manager and Admin Assistant to prepare semi-annual project reports for internal and advisory council review
- Working with the GBT team to aid in the discovery of new funding opportunities, identify application needs and lead the execution of industry based capital, infrastructure, R&D and technical grant applications as they arise.
- Participate in developing SAIT’s sustainability vision (covering areas as broad as education, curriculum, research, operations, planning, administration and engagement), taking best practice and industry practices into consideration and addressing sustainability concerns.
- Establish a long-term sustainable policy program strategy and communication plan for SAIT and to develop the action plan required to achieve SAIT’s sustainability vision.
- Manage the development and distribution of an annual sustainability report, demonstrating direction on strategy, delivery, performance and financial impacts.
- Develop metrics for reporting on sustainability initiatives and progress and lead the institution to accomplish those initiatives
- Participate in networking activities including project award identification and application, conference presentations, conference attendance and networking opportunities
- Assist in internal education and networking, creating relationships with SAIT faculty, instructors and students, assisting in guest lectures/ workshops, summer camps to raise profile of sustainability issues and GBT on campus
- Industry networking including tours, presentations and associated preparation, media interviews and support and membership in associated industry organizations to raise profile of sustainability issues and GBT on campus