Program Coordinator, Yellowstone ForeverJob Type(s): Education, Programs / Services
Deadline: December 9, 2017 12:00 am
Please click here to visit the job posting page
DescriptionThe Program Coordinator plays a critical role in Yellowstone Forever’s Institute operations, working with staff and vendors to organize the logistics of our educational programming. The ability to communicate both internally and externally with program participants and contractors is essential. Success in this position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to coordinate multiple programs at once, and great attention to detail.
- Schedule youth programs and other custom programs by creating and coordinating multiple program details and itineraries in order to meet educational objectives.
- Coordinate logistics and respond to inquiries related to youth and custom programs including scheduling instructors, lodging, classrooms, meeting spaces, camp sites, busses, shuttles, etc.
- Prepare, deliver, and track pre- and post-program materials including information packets, planning guides, course letters, response forms, health forms, pre-program student information, and program itineraries; maintain communication with groups and program registrants to insure all information and forms are received, and follow up with participants to secure feedback.
- Assist with the preparation of revenue and expense contracts for YF Institute programs including contract instructors, school groups, custom groups, donor-supported groups, caterers, guest speakers, and other outside vendors; track and follow up as needed with contractors, and coordinate invoicing with Finance Department.
- Verify certification status for contract instructors.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly program participation reports, including registration status, participant count, user days, and contact hours, and work with Finance Department to include finance data in monthly reports.
- Assist Program Managers in administering a comprehensive training and mentoring program for YF Lead and Seasonal Instructors.
- Represent Yellowstone Forever and its mission accurately and positively
- Foster a collaborative, team-oriented environment with YF employees, volunteers and partners
- Travel into Yellowstone, throughout the Greater Yellowstone area and other, as required
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Education, or other designated leadership
- Proven capability with computers, including spreadsheets, electronic form and document creation, e-mail communications, scheduling, and data management; experience using MS word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Pro, and database applications.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Professional experience in schedule coordination, customer relations, data entry, report preparation, and general administrative duties
- A team player with a positive attitude and ability to maintain productive relationships internally with colleagues and externally with program customers
- Proven ability to learn quickly and creatively adapt to new systems, processes, and applications
- A satisfactory criminal background check are conditions of employment
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Experience with environmental education programs and the needs of program registrants and school groups
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Knowledge of Yellowstone National Park