TSEP Infrastructure Planning GrantFunding Sources: State Agency
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Click here to visit ‘s Website!
The TSEP Infrastructure Planning Grant application cycle for the 2019 Biennium is now open and the Department of Commerce will accept applications beginning on June 26, 2017, until all funds are expended. The 2019 Biennium Application & Administration Guidelines for TSEP Infrastructure Planning Grants are available at the link below:
The Department of Commerce held a public hearing on June 1, 2017 at 10am in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, in Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed adoption of the 2019 Biennium TSEP Infrastructure Planning Grant Application and Administration Guidelines. The public comment period ended at 5pm on June 9, 2017. Public comments were received.
Eligible applicants may apply for one TSEP Infrastructure Planning grant per funding cycle. However, counties or consolidated governments may submit one application to study its bridge system or any other eligible infrastructure that is the responsibility of the county or consolidated government, and another application to study an unincorporated community that is not served by a community water or wastewater system. The application process is noncompetitive and applications are processed on a first-come first-serve basis, based on the following conditions:
- Commerce will accept applications on a continuous basis.
- Only complete applications will be processed and placed in line. The application must be complete in all respects, including the documentation of the commitment of matching funds.
- Only one application per project per cycle will be accepted; applications to study the same system from multiple eligible applicants will not be funded.
- Commerce will only provide reimbursement to local governments that are in compliance with the State’s auditing and reporting requirements provided for in Section 2-7-503, MCA. If the local government has failed to conduct audits or submit reports as required by statute, or has received an adverse audit opinion or disclaimer from any state or federal agency or authorized agent thereof, a grant will be tentatively awarded, but no funds will be released until the reporting requirements have been complied with, or if an audit is required before a financial report can be submitted, an auditor has been contracted with and the audit is scheduled. If one of these two actions have not taken place within one year of award, the grant award may be rescinded and the funds may be released to award to another eligible applicant.
- Commerce will start accepting grant applications for the 2019 Biennium funds on or after June 26, 2017. Commerce will start awarding the grants after the Legislature appropriates the funds by passing the TSEP funding bill and the Governor signs the bill.
The following applies to Infrastructure Planning Grants:
- Applications from local governments that received a PER or CIP grant in the previous cycle, for the same type of eligible project, will not be processed until July 1, 2017. If grant funds are still remaining on that date, complete applications will be processed in the order that they were received. The July 1st date does not apply if a local government submits an application for a different system. For example, a city could submit a wastewater system PER in one cycle and a water system PER in the next cycle.
- Applications to update, amend, or improve a PER or CIP, for the specific project addressed in the original PER or CIP, and previously funded by the Department of Commerce (TSEP, CDBG, or the Coal Board) within the past four years will only be considered after July 1, 2017.
- Applications to update, amend, or improve a PER for which the applicant has already received a TSEP construction grant for that same project will be considered on a case by case basis, as funding allows.
- Commerce reserves the right to limit the amount of the PER or CIP grant to an amount appropriate to the scope of the planning project.
Applications will be accepted beginning June 26, 2017. Applications will be processed in the order that they are received with some exceptions (see Application Guidelines). Applications must be complete in order to be processed. Grant funds will be available for disbursement after July 1, 2017. 2019 Biennium TSEP Infrastructure Planning Grants are funded with 2019 Biennia funds (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019). For more information, please contact Planning Bureau staff at (406) 841-2770 or email TSEP.