Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) Project ProposalsFunder Name or Agency: Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF)
Funding Sources: Private Foundation
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Click here to visit Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF)‘s Website!
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Through December 2018, BEF will accept applications on a rolling basis to help identify and assess opportunities to add hydropower generation to existing or proposed water delivery systems. On a competitive basis, BEF will select projects and will award matching funds to support one or more of the following pre-construction development activities: project feasibility studies, project design work, project engineering, project interconnection studies, and/or studies related to project permitting.
Funding will be allocated on a competitive basis and is subject entirely to BEF’s project review and selection process. Funding is subject to budget availability. Submission of a funding request does not guarantee funding.
• Projects must propose to achieve new (or expand existing) hydroelectric generation in utility service areas within the BPA service area.
• Projects must not create new in stream barriers or structures (unless such structures are part of a plan to improve fish passage or habitat conditions).
• Projects must not require increased diversion or use of water to serve hydro generation.
• Projects must have a valid and verifiable right to divert and use water.
• Addition of hydro generation must not adversely impact fish and wildlife resources.
• Projects that demonstrate match funding from other sources will be prioritized.
• Projects must reflect the project eligibility and criteria of the Low Impact Hydro Institute and comply with the protected streams requirements as identified by the NW Power and Conservation Council.